Sunday, January 19, 2014

The complete diaper bag ensemble

I had a bit of fabric left over from Toni's diaper bag, so before I sent it to her I made a couple of little extras to stash in her bag if she so chooses.  We have grand plans for a cool coordinating changing pad, but I'm going to have to pick up a bit more fabric for that next time I'm at the fabric store.

Toni's Diaper Bag Accessories


First, I made a sweet little lined drawstring pouch by following a tutorial from Threading My Way.  It would be the perfect size for a couple of pacifiers or some small toys.  I didn't have anything specific in mind when I made it -- I just didn't have any good coordinating zippers on hand and wanted to make some sort of cute pouch to match.

Toni's Diaper Bag Accessories


I made this coordinating keychain to hook on to the loop inside of the bag.  I didn't follow any specific tutorial (though there are loads of them out there for very similar keychains).

Toni's Diaper Bag Accessories


I'm sticking the whole ensemble in the mail on Tuesday morning while Peter is in preschool.  It will be on its way to Aurora soon, Toni!

Toni's Diaper Bag Accessories



UPDATE!!

Toni sweetly sent me some photos of her diaper bag all loaded up with her goodies!  She wanted to show me how there is still tons of room left even filled up with all of the necessities.  The green and tan bundle there is actually a diaper clutch I made her last winter right after Alex was born.



Toni was especially thrilled to discover that the floating inset pocket holds not one, but TWO sippy cups.  Woo hoo!


Toni also reports that even fully loaded, the bag is still a lot lighter than the store-bought ones.  Score!!


Featured at: Threading My Way

1 comment:

  1. What a fabulous gift for a newborn, Niki! Gorgeous fabric and I love the design of the diaper bag, (We call them nappies), especially the pocket with piping. Thanks for the link back.

    ReplyDelete